A hurting heart…we’ve all had one (perhaps a number of times). Whether it was a horrendous breakup, passing of a loved one or some other trauma that left its footprint indelibly in our hearts, it can take time to open our heart again to love.
As well as being gentle on yourself, reaching out to loved ones to talk about your hurt, using essential oils and doing whatever you can do to make yourself feel better, crystals can also provide support in healing and opening a hurting heart.
Here are some of the best crystals to get your heart and heart chakra back into balance.
Crystals to help with heartache
- Chrysocolla can help you to accept with serenity situations that are constantly changing, invoking great inner strength. It is beneficial to relationships that have become rocky, stabilising and healing both the home and personal interaction. Psychologically, this stone encourages self-awareness and inner balance, and imparts confidence and sensitivity. It enhances personal power and inspires creativity. Overcoming phobias, it draws out negativity and supplies motivation for those who lack it. Emotionally, Chrysocolla alleviates guilt and brings in joy.
- Lapis Lazuli bonds relationships in love and friendship and aids expressing feelings and emotions. It dissolves martyrdom, cruelty and suffering.
- Rose Quartz is the crystal of unconditional love and infinite peace. It brings beautiful healing energy to the heart, purifying and opening the heart and heart chakra at all levels. Calming and soothing, rose quartz strengthens empathy and sensitivity, and helps one adapt to change. Holding rose quartz enhances positive affirmations. It can then help to lovingly remind you of those intentions. This stone promotes receptivity to beauty of all kinds. Emotionally, rose quartz encourages self-forgiveness and acceptance, and invokes self-trust and self-worth.
- Rhodonite is an emotional balancer that nurtures love and encourages the brotherhood of humanity. It has the ability to show both sides of an issue. This stone stimulates, clears and activates the heart chakra. It grounds energy, balances yin-yang, and assists in achieving one’s highest potential. A useful “first-aid stone”, Rhodonite heals emotional shock and panic, lending a supportive energy to the soul during this process.
Crystals to help with grief
- Azurite clears stress, worry, grief and sadness, allowing more light into the emotions. It transmutes fears and phobias, and brings in an understanding of why they occured in the first place.
- Mangano/Pink Calcite is a heart crystal; a stone of forgiveness. It releases fear and grief that keep the heart trapped in the past, bringing unconditional love. It aids self-love and self-acceptance. Pink Calcite’s loving energy gently dissolves resistance.
- Red Jasper is gently stimulating. It grounds energy and rectifies unjust situations. It brings problems to light before they become too big and provides insight into the most difficult decisions. It makes an excellent “worry bead”, calming the emotions.
- Rhodochrosite represents selfless love and compassion. It expands consciousness and integrates the spiritual with material energies. This stone imparts a dynamic and positive attitude. Rhodochrosite is an excellent stone for the heart and relationships, especially for people who feel unloved. It is the stone par excellence for healing sexual abuse. Rhodochrosite teaches the heart to assimilate painful feelings without shutting down, and removes denial.
General crystals for healing the heart
- Green Aventurine is a comforter and heart healer, and general harmoniser, protecting the heart. It settles nausea and dissolves negative emotions and thoughts. An all-round healer, it brings in well-being and emotional calm. It is also regarded as a very positive stone of prosperity. This stone also helps to stabilise one’s state of mind, stimulate perception and enhance creativity.
- Green Calcite helps to dissolve rigid beliefs and old programs, restoring balance to the mind. It helps in letting go of what is familiar and comforting but which no longer serves, and improves communication and the transition from a stagnant to a positive situation.
- Pink Kunzite is an extremely spiritual stone with a high vibration. It awakens the heart centre and unconditional love, producing loving thoughts and communication. It radiates peace and connects you to universal love.
- Ruby stimulates the heart chakra and balances the heart. It encourages “following your bliss”. Mentally, Ruby brings about a positive and courageous state of mind. Under the influence of Ruby, the mind is sharp with heightened awareness and excellent concentration. Ruby helps to overcome exhaustion and lethargy and imparts vigour.
Working with heart chakra crystals
- Sit or lie down in a quiet place and either hold the crystals in your hand or place them directly over your heart area.
- Take a few deep breathes and connect in with the energy of the crystals.
- Imagine that you are breathing in the energy of the crystals through your heart, and then breathe out that energy to every cell in your body. Do this a few times, taking slow, long, deep breaths.
- Imagine your heart chakra filling up with pink or green light; imagine that light radiating both out the front and back of your chest. Keep breathing deeply and bask in the beautiful energy.
- Repeat to yourself loving affirmations, like “I am love”, “I welcome love”, “My heart is healing”, “My heart has healed. I am love.” – whatever feels right to you.
- Repeat this process each day, and know that you can always come back to this place of love.
Do you have any tried and tested crystals for helping with a hurting heart? I’d love to hear what your go-to heart crystal is.
Interested in using the highest quality essential oils to manage your emotions?
When combined with crystals, essential oils can be one of the most practical and helpful tools to help you manage your emotions – whatever the circumstances. I would love to help you get started with the highest quality essential oils available, and would be happy to discuss with you the oils that will best support you at all times. Check out the awesome deals on essential oil starter kits that continue to run until 31 May 2019. We chat about many uses for essential oils and crystals in my private SOS Oil Lovers group (for those people who sign up to doTERRA with me), and I’d love to share with you!
In the mean time, enjoy this piece of crystal zen gorgeousness!